The eager to go to Sweden is sometimes stronger than the concern about the coronavirus. I myself prefer to stay at home at the moment, at least until I got my second vaccine. Sweden is not going anywhere and will still be there after all of this. But if you do want to travel to Sweden, it is best to do it as corona proof as possible.
Sweden is perfectly suited for a corona-safe trip. The Swedes naturally keep their distance, you have all the options to go out into nature (friluftsliv) and not see other people for days on end.
Tips for a corona safe trip to Sweden
In Sweden, it is advisable to follow both the local rules and the rules of your home country regarding corona. Play it safe and always opt for the strictest rules.
- Wear a face mask on public transport, on the ferry and certainly on the plane.
- Avoid crowds at all times. Swedes naturally keep their distance, but pay extra attention to respect the social distance.
- Opt for outdoor activities as much as possible. Friluftsliv!
- In Sweden you pay by card as much as possible (many things are already cashless) and preferably contactless.
- Adhere to the applicable quarantine regulations upon return. If it is recommended, do it!
- Keep in mind that the situation can change anytime. Maybe you have return early or unexpectedly extend your stay, … Check your travel insurance!
- Register before departure with your Foreign Office.
Corona proof packing list for Sweden
Don’t forget to add these extra items to your (carry-on) luggage.
- Are you traveling by car? Then take extra food and drink with you so you don’t have to stop in a highway restaurant too often.
- Bring enough masks for the whole family.
- Alcohol gel of at least 70% is indispensable. Note: do not leave the gel in the car on a sunny day! And remember that for the plane you will need to bring a mini version of less than 100ml, packed in a clear plastic bag.
- Don’t forget to bring paper tissues and possibly also a fever thermometer.
Hope this helps for a corona proof trip to Sweden. Take care! Don’t forget to check the latest travel recommendations.