When you can’t go to Sweden but you long for some Swedish Christmas spirit, you could listen to my playlist with Swedish Christmas songs. Below I list a few of my favorite Swedish Christmas songs and some real classics.
My favourite Swedish Christmas songs
- Tänd ett ljus – Niklas Strömstedt
Goosebumps when I hear this song. It reminds me every time of the first time I went to Levande Julkalendern in Stockholm. It was in an inner garden. There were lights and a choir and to top it all off, they handed out glögg and pepparkakor. A very nice memory. You could really feel the Christmas spirit.
- Jag drömmer and jul hemma and Tomten jag vill ha and riktig jul – in the version of Måns Zelmerlöw. And now that we are talking about this winner of the Eurovision Song Contest, December should not be missing from this list. I like it even more than the first 2! Not exactly a Christmas song, but this song also fits very nicely in terms of atmosphere and message: Ett lyckligt slut.
- And ton av tystnad – Sanna Nielsen
Very nice! It would make you silent… 😉
- Jul, Jul, Strålande Jul – Carola
Admittedly, with this song I have a love-hate relationship and I dare to skip it if I’m not in the right mood
- Jag såg mamma kyssa tomten
A cover of I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus.
- Den Julen – Scotts
I only discovered this song this year. Instant favorite. No Christmas without “Last Christmas” and so there is also a Swedish version of it.
- Mer Jul
- Nu tändas tusen juleljus
- Julen är här