Are you planning to travel to Sweden or are you in Sweden? Are you allowed to travel to Sweden while the world is still dealing with the corona virus? In this article you can find all you need to know about the corona travel restrictions for traveling to and in Sweden.
Click here for the official website of the Public Health Agency of Sweden.
Disclaimer: I try to keep this article updated but things can change quickly. I always link to the official resources so you easily can find the latest and official information.
Please note that the situation can change at any time (both ways), even when you are already in Sweden. As a traveler you have a great responsibility in stopping the spread of the virus. Stay home when you have symptoms and follow all corona rules.
Can you travel to Sweden during corona? – Travel restrictions
This depends on a lot of things. You have to check the travel restrictions of your country of residence and the restrictions/measurements from Sweden.
Are you living inside the EU? Or travelling from outside the EU?
- To travel to Sweden as a foreign visitor you no longer need a covid certificate, negative test or recovery certificate.
How does corona affect life in Sweden?
In Sweden, the emergency number 1177 applies to those who show symptoms or are concerned that they may be infected.
From February 9, 2022, the following recommendations apply in Sweden:
- Stay at home if you have symptoms and avoid close contacts with others.
- If you’re not vaccinated you should be extra careful and avoid crowded environments, especially indoors.
The corona situation in Sweden
Recent figures can be found here (in Swedish)
Corona virus in the other Scandinavian countries
Check the website of the EU to see what the current status for travelling in the Nordics is.
General advice in the fight against corona
- Travelers can spread the virus faster. Take your responsibility and stay at home.
- Wash your hands, during at least 40 seconds and as often as possible. If you use your hand gel, make sure that it contains at least 70% alcohol.
- Don’t touch your face (eyes, mouth, nose, …).
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing and wash your hands carefully afterwards.
- Avoid contact with other persons as much as possible to limit further spread.
Bring Sweden to your home
Learn Swedish or try some Swedish recipes!
Disclaimer: always check the latest advice at official sources. I do my best to keep this page as up to date as possible. If you have any additions, please send me an email!
Original post: March 14, 2020 – Last update: April 1, 2022.
One thought on “Corona & travelling to Sweden – update 1/4/22”
Thanks a lot
Comments are closed.